Saturday, January 2, 2021

Hind Sight is 2020


Happy New Year!!!! 

I was looking back over this past year, hence the saying "hind sight is 2020" and began to see so many things. For me, this past year has been a revelatory experience.  Not so much about all the things that have happened, but more about who I really am and what's in my heart. 

I could have shared so many different things, yet, for some unlikely reason, I had a strong impression to talk about my ministry mission statement, written about twenty years ago.  Not to mention all the things that have been added to my ministry since I first declared it.

What's amazing is once I spoke the name of my ministry, other people who were in leadership along with me began to declare their ministries. I now know this was never a coincidence, but God's timing.

Anyway, I'm a strong believer in having the right people in your life. That is, to accomplish your best life, you need good people that will make the difference. My good friend Bess Sims sent the above picture of my mission statement in 2013. So grateful, I decided to share it on Facebook. Well, this week seven years later, that same post re-populated in the memories on Facebook and I posted it again. With that being said, I know now this was God's timing as well. 

That brings me to this. Since this blog is virtually about my prayer life experiences, I think it befitting to share that it was while in prayer that the name Purpose Productions kept appearing in my mind. At that point in time, I had no idea of the things God was showing me. In other words, my ministry was birthed from prayer. 

I had so many hopes and dreams of ministering to people through diverse means, not only through church. I was a worship leader, a legal assistant, I was writing a book, I even performed a character I created named Mama, where I produced my very first show in 2002. Since then, I returned to school and completed multiple degrees. Including a law degree from Pepperdine University, School of Law. This is only a few things through my ministry.

Today, in January 2021, I have such a clearer understanding of my ministry, more than ever before. I know now that I am a transformer. It is my mission to be who God has called me to be, for the purpose of helping others to be transformed.   

Now, it makes so much more sense to me why I endured and overcame so much. It was important for me to be transformed in my own life. For the purpose of me being able to minister from that same place with transforming power. Otherwise, having the ministry and doing all the stuff I'm doing would merely be church as usual.    

Much Love!  

Nicole Payne





 

No comments:

Post a Comment